Top 6 street-food in NYC!
New York is known for a lot of things; the Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty, Time Square… but did you know that New York is also home to some of the best street food in the world?
Here is Frenzy’s top 6 New York street-food destination:
- Whether you like your lobster Maine-style, served cold with mayo or Connecticut-style, served warm with dripping butter and lemon, you’ll find both on the menu at the Red Hook Lobster Pound! This food truck right in the Big Apple will spare you the trip to New England for a good piece of lobster meat!
- Find “The King of Falafel & Shawarma” in New York if you are looking to be served a Styrofoam plate topped with HALAL falafel, shawarma and rice that will send you to the gods guaranteed!
- For lunch? The Milk Truck is the place to go for a classic grilled cheese sandwich! Forget the Kraft-singles-skinny-looking-orange-piece of cheese, at the Milk Truck they’re talking Wisconsin Gruyère and cultured butter on Balthazar Levain pullman bread! Plus, they’re easy to spot in their sunshine-yellow food truck!
- ATTENTION: Dirty Water Dog is NOT “HAUTE CUISINE” and it is not refined culinary. It’s a plain old soft bun hot dog topped with ketchup, mustard, onions, relish, sauerkraut and it is just the way we like it!!
- Solber Pupusas is known for their El-Salvador pupusas but please don’t forget to try their tamales when you’re there because they will rock your world just as much! Patties hand-shaped and stuffed with cheesy meat or veggies, this food truck will have you satisfied for days!
- Now, y’all know I can’t finish this blog without doing a quick shout out to New York’s bagels!!! New Yorkers love their bagels, so next time you’re in town stop by the Breakfast Cart for your early morning meal! It’s cheap, authentic and the smell of fresh baked bagel will have you smiling all day I promise! Plus you’ll fit right in the city with their small blue-and-white Anthora coffee cup in your hand!
Mhmmm, writing this blog made me famished! So while I go cook myself a little something you should definitely click right here to reserve your next trip to New York with us!!
Oh and did I mention that we still have a few seats left on the bus leaving for New York this weekend….?